Friday, September 5, 2014

C. Maxwell Morris, CC124

Maxwell Morris, CC124, 2013 (?)

Today's piece is by a contemporary artist named C. Maxwell Morris (also seems to go by just Maxwell Morris).  He was born in 1989 (which makes him my age, actually) and attended the University of North Texas.  I don't remember how I first came across this image, but it was featured in his BFA show.  There isn't very much information on him, but from what I can gather, these works were created by pressing glass onto painted canvases.  I just love this painting.  I read something that compared it to psychedelic paper marbling, which it certainly resembles.  It also looks like actually marble, and also cake batter, and clearly owes something to abstract expressionism.  The colors are so vivid and the shapes so interesting.

Edit: I looked at Morris's work a bit more and decided I wanted to post one of his digital paintings as well.  I'm not sure exactly what techniqure he uses to create these pieces, but I think they're amazing.


Here's his website if anyone is interested in this up and coming artist:
http://www.maxwell-morris.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment